Get Smart: How to Choose View All
- Color is Key. Color will be the first element you respond to, so look for colors that express your personal style or work with colors you already have in your room.
- The Comfort Test. When you find a style that appeals to you, try it out for comfort. Bounce up and down on the cushions. Make sure it feels right to you.
- The Durability Test. Wiggle the arms. Do they hold firm, indicating good workmanship? Lift the frame. Does it feel heavy and sturdy?
- Get the Feel. Examine the fabric. Are the seams straight? Does the fabric line up properly? Does it feel pleasing to the touch?
- Price Check. Double check the price against other sofas you have looked at. Quality sofas are available in all price ranges.
- Measure it. You don't want the sofa to overwhelm your room, but you also don't want it to be dwarfed by other pieces.